Date: 25 May, 2009 21:26

Burnley - 4/9 favourites
Wolves - 4/6 joint second favourites
Birmingham 4/6 joint second favourites
Hull - 11/10
Stoke 11/4
Sunderland - 5/1
Wigan 6/1

With the current squads, I would say fair play but I honestly believe that Steve Morgan will deliver on his promise and ensure that funds are made available to establish the club in the Premier League and the push on the following season.

Re: Relegation odds for next season
Posted by: MEAT PIE SAUSAGE ROLL (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2009 23:06

we've as good a chance as ever to stop up, there are some@#$%&teams in the premier....we must be looking to finish above all of those teams above and others such as bolton and blackburn.

however although its early days im concerned by the clubs out put in to the press....it appears weve no intention of joining the premier league in terms of players and player wages and transfer fees. looks like theyre hoping to do it on the cheap again...which will not work and will a big let down

http://www.vectorcartoon.com/images/mick_mccarthy.gif

IN MICK IVE LOST TRUST

Out of Darkness Cometh Light

We're The North Bank!!

FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE: ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK. ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK.

Posted by: Stourport Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2009 23:18

Sunderland @ 5/1 sounds like a value bet to me. I'd fancy us to finish above Burnley & Hull ..... so just need to finish above 1 more team.

I dont think Hull's second season will be easy ..... what was it? ..... just 8 points after the Brown half time incident.

Posted by: irishwolf (IP Logged)
Date: 26 May, 2009 21:41

I agree stourport.. sunderland look big at 5/1 and i think Hull will finish last next season...yes they will have money to buy but i dont think any decent player will want to play for him,,,I also think he lost the dressing room and once you lose this you never get it back.
what about a treble..Hull , Burnley and Sunderland?

Posted by: riddy (IP Logged)
Date: 26 May, 2009 23:22

I think we will be relegated by not long after xmas!, with minus stupid amount of goals if im honest!..

On a bad day Hull are better than us.Blues also.

We might just nick burnley of 3 points and thats as good as it gets i reckon.

Posted by: SEB will lead us (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2009 10:36

Quote:
riddy
I think we will be relegated by not long after xmas!, with minus stupid amount of goals if im honest!..
On a bad day Hull are better than us.Blues also.

We might just nick burnley of 3 points and thats as good as it gets i reckon.

yes blues are better than us, thats why we finished 1st and they finished 2nd, negative p****

Posted by: The Mighty Molineux (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2009 11:20

Hull + Burnley will go straight down.
Feel it will be fought out for the 3rd relagation place with us,blues,stoke,porstmouth and blackburn.

Posted by: Bradmore Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2009 11:30

Wow Riddy thats the most negative comment I have ever seen on here and that takes some beating.

You have not even seen who we have bought yet.

Out of interest were you expecting us to go up this season or did you want the manager sacked when we were top.

In recent years there has never been a better chance for a promoted club to stay up.

We have already finisheed above blues and burnley this year. Hull and stoke will have the 2nd season problems and we dont even know which clubs might have to sell their best players for financial reasons.

Lets give them a chance.

Posted by: oldngold (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2009 11:40

These odds sounds about right. I think Sunderland are a bit short to be honest and are only at 5-1 because they're looking for a new manager. Lerner is taking complete control of the club and has promised a massive injection of new funds, they get 49,000 per home game, they do have some useful PL players already, and if they find the right manager to take that on, which is certainly one of the more exciting job opportunities around at the moment, then they should be an easy mid table bet and possibly might give the City, Everton and Villa a run next year.

Yeah, they've struggled this year along with lots of clubs such as Spurs but I don't think the Black Cats will be back down there again next year.

The vulnerable clubs are Hull and Stoke, 2nd year in the PL, Birmingham, Burnley and ourselves. Pompey might also struggle next year as well. I think the 3 to go next season will be from this group:

Hull, Stoke, Brum, Burney, Wolves, Pompey. I expect Bolton and Blackburn under Megson and Allardyce to survive.

It is going to be tough!

Posted by: Gornal_Wolves (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2009 14:38

Quote:
oldngold
think Sunderland are a bit short to be honest and are only at 5-1 because they're looking for a new manager. Lerner is taking complete control of the club and has promised a massive injection of new funds

Last time I heard, Randy Lerner was the chairman of Aston Villa.

Believe you were after Ellis Short

Posted by: oldngold (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2009 12:14

LOl! thanks for that! Can't get the idea of playing the Villans against next year off the mind. But I still think that Sunderland at 5-1 are short odds really.

Posted by: Tired and grumpy (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2009 17:06

Dont worry about relegation now weve just been promoted

Posted by: timberwolf (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2009 18:20

don't forget about wigan, they've been very poor for most of the season and if they don't reinvest the valencia money properly they could be in real trouble

as long as we finish above three teams that should be the goal

and if those three teams include notlob, stoke and birmingham then it will have been an excellent season!

Posted by: MEAT PIE SAUSAGE ROLL (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2009 19:29

i cant agree with the mentality timber, i think we have to aim to finish top half. we've seen it in the championship over the years...we always aimed to be champions...then lost some games so it turned to automatic.....then lost some more and its play offs.....then lose out on them too. we should set it out and make a statement to the other teams by the players we go for that we aint here for a one of season to see the big boys come to molineux....we're here for good. aim for top half and make it clear thats the goal. then if we fail to meet that goal we may be bottom half but not relegated. if we aim for 3 off bottom and dont reach our target then we're ballsed!

there are enough poor teams in this league to finish half way up with some good play, hard work and class

http://www.vectorcartoon.com/images/mick_mccarthy.gif

IN MICK IVE LOST TRUST

Out of Darkness Cometh Light

We're The North Bank!!

FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE: ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK. ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK.

Posted by: timberwolf (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2009 20:33

once i've seen who mick brings in i might change my views, but until then the goal should be 17th place

having said that i do agree that on paper this looks like the weakest premier league in quite some time

Posted by: SHAUN-wwfc (IP Logged)
Date: 29 May, 2009 22:40

I'm quite confident that we will stay up. but i think it'll all go down to a nail biting last day. like this year.

Posted by: Steway (IP Logged)
Date: 30 May, 2009 13:01

We're currently 4th favourites with bet365, at evens. Hull, Burnley and Blues favourites.

What a difference a year makes...

April 2013

http://www.expressandstar.com/wpmvc/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/28797412.thumb.jpg

April 2014
http://i4.birminghammail.co.uk/incoming/article6982699.ece/alternates/s338b/Danny-Batth-of-Wolverhampton-Wanderers-is-congratulated-by-fans-as-he-celebrates-promotion-at-full-time.jpg

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net